Level 2 takes place in Downtown Springfield. In this level, Bart tries to satisfy his need for violence and destruction. His escapades include Bonestorm II, fireworks, and Professor Frink's Truckasaurus.
The level opens with Bart skipping school in downtown Springfield. He is desperately trying to obtain a copy of Bonestorm II, due to its violent content and popularity. He talks to his best friend Milhouse about it, but he says that Principal Skinner is on the prowl, looking to expel any truants he can find. After evading Skinner and driving to the Try-N-Save, Bart looks forward to indulging in Bonestom II, but due to Marge, his mother, destroying most of the copies of the game, his search is unsuccessful. On prompting from Kearney, he tries a brief stint with illegal fireworks and avoiding Chief Wiggum, but they still fail to satisfy him.
Bart then talks to Comic Book Guy about getting Bonestorm II, only to be roped into a race to Springfield's Java Server to complain about the new McBain film. Even worse, at the Java Server, Comic Book Guy reveals that Professor Frink has bought all the remaining copies of Bonestorm II, meaning that Bart's searches are fruitless. Frustrated, Bart goes to Frink, who explains that he is using Bonestorm II's violence, multiplied by all the copies of the game, to power his Truckasaurus, Bart spends the second half of the level bringing together the last parts needed to get the robot fully operational; these pieces include a WWII-era radio (won off of Snake in a race), a satellite dish (given by Cletus for helping to gather up roadkill to serve at Krusty Burger, despite the efforts of Apu), a blender (given by Dr. Nick after helping round up his escaped test monkeys) and a cell phone (after destroying several cell-phone users' cars). The robot can now be used.
In the stadium, Bart examines the Truckasaurus; unfortunately, there is a Wasp Camera next to it, its control signals sending the robot wild. Bart barely escapes with his life by driving out of the stadium, only for a UFO to abduct him straight after.
Level 2 takes place in the more urbanized portion of Springfield. One third of the map is dominated by the downtown side, while another is in the process of being constructed, and the last third is exclusively highway. All three parts, in some way or another, are unfinished or damaged. Notable locations downtown include the Googolplex, the Monorail, the museum, the hospital, and the stadium. The east side includes the construction site, Moe's Tavern, the train station, Try-n-Save, and the DMV. The highway part of the map splits into three parts. The main road follows a "U" pattern, a side highway that is nearly finished but falls short over the main road, and two splinter roads that start and end shortly after the beginning and end of the main road.
- Detention Deficit Disorder
- Weapons of Mass Delinquency
- Vox Nerduli
- Bart 'n' Frink
- Better Than Beef
- Monkey See Monkey D'oh
- Bonus: Dial B for Blood
Main Article: Street Races
- Commercial District Time Trial Race: Run by Milhouse whoes by the Krusty Burger in Downtown, near the police station (3 laps).
- Town Square Circuit Race: Run by Nelson who can be found near the Krusty Burger at the starting point of Level 2.
- Motorway Checkpoint Race): Run by Ralph who is near the City Hall. (Race to the entrance of the Matlock Expressway).
- Complete all three races and you will be rewarded with the Sedan
- Main article: Level 2 Collector Cards
- Head of Jebediah: On top of the Jebediah Springfield statue.
- AM Radio Toy: On the rooftop pf the small building near the Hospital.
- Bonestorm GameL Legitimate Businessman's social club rooftop.
- Big Butt Skinner: Found in the car wash.
- Mr Honeybunny: Found on top of a train wegon.
- Drivers License: Inside an alley jus off from the Krusty Burger (near the Police station).
- Pregnancy Test: On top of a fountain at the stadium.
- Main article: Character Costumes
Character clothing can be bought from either Moe's Tavern or Department of Motor Vehicles (D.M.V.).
- Tall (150 coins)
- Football (200 coins)
- Ninja (400 coins)
- Honor Roller (Starting vehicle)
- Mr. Plow (Purchase from Homer for 300 coins; must be used in Monkey See Monkey D'oh)
- WWII Vehicle (Bonus Mission)
- Sedan (Level 2) (Street Race prize)
- Limo (Purchase from Gil for 150 coins)
- Fire Truck (Purchase from Gil for 250 coins)
Main Article: Level 2 Wasp Cameras
- On the steps of the Springfield Court House.
- In a gazebo.
- On the steps of the Springfield Natural History Museum.
- In front of the Springfield General Hospital.
- On the rooftop for a small building, near the hospital.
- |On the steps of the Springfield Town Hall (front entrance).
- On the steps of the Springfield Town Hall (rear entrance).
- At the back of the Downtown Krusty Burger.
- Next to the stairs that lead to the destroyed Monorail railway.
- On the high sidewalk next to the destroyed Monorail railway.
- On the rooftop of the train station near the railway.
- |Next to the stairs that lead to the trainyard.
- On the moving train wagon.
- On a train wagon past the water tank.
- Inside the trainyard parking spot.
- At the exit of the car wash.
- On the rooftop of the Legitimate Businessman's Social Club.
- On the rooftop of the Legitimate Businessman's Social Club, near a corner.
- On a rooftop for the King Toot's Music Store, next to Moe's.
- On the rooftop of a Lard Lad Donuts store.
Main Article: Level 2 Gags
- Catapult in the Springfield Town Square.
- Cement mixing truck near the construction site.
- Pickled egg jar in Moe's Tavern.
- Slot machine in Moe's Tavern.
- Love Tester in Moe's Tavern.
- Light up drinks in Moe's Tavern.
- Rat's milk machine, roof near Moe's Tavern (fire escape).
- Taking a photograph of Hans Moleman at the DMV.
- Quarter car in the Try-N-Save parking lot.
- Missile behind Herman's Military Antiques.
- Dumpster behind the Krusty Burger (near the police station).
- This is the only level that, relatively, does not contribute to the rest of the game's plot, except for the cutscene at the end of the level.
- Early concept art and the scrapbook photo for this level suggest that Level 2 originally took place around sunrise or sunset, but was soon changed to take place in the daytime to match the time of day of Bart being truant from school in the main storyline.
- Pre-release footage and screenshots show that the level's sky was originally darker and cloudier, and had light beams shining down from the clouds. This early background is used for the level's bonus race track however.
The music for Level 2 is composed much like a rock band would compose a song: a crunchy, distorted guitar dominates, while a slick bass line and loud drums complement the guitar. The track is also used in Level 6.